Monday, November 3, 2008

Gypsy Wagon


This Gypsy Wagon began as a request from an awesomely fun girl I met at our Halloween Howler. I honestly didn't think I could pull it off, but decided "how will I learn if I don't try?" So, I did it! Yay me!

I decided to do dark ashy colored wood throughout the wagon, making it extra cozy and rustic feeling. I furnished the wagon with rich colored, comfortable fabrics. The day bed is made of all cottons and canvas fabrics in crisp and warm tones together. The billowy curtains are made of a rich red silk, and frame the daybed perfectly.

I crafted the table and chair set with the same ashy wood the caravan is made from, as to not distract away from the plush daybed.

This was one of my more challenging projects, and am proud of how it turned out. Thank you Jenica for pushing a challenge on me! I definitely encourage more challenges, as I had fun with this! Now, I've got to see if I can pull of Medieval. Haha.

1 comment:

Writ of Hocus Pocus said...

Love this wagon! You do good work, as usual! I love you both and miss you, and wanted to let you know I am taking an SL break...Ed and I are mending our fences and I think we can make it work and since RL is looking up, I don't want sl for a bit. Talk to you soon. Oh, I do still want to keep my land and stuff, and I know I need to pay you rent. I will get on it. <3