Monday, May 11, 2009

Logo Contest!


This is something I probably should have done a while ago, but it's come to an important part in my *career*, I suppose, that I need a good logo, and I'd love your help!

I need more than just a pretty picture with my store name on it.  I need a symbol, or mark, or whatever you'd like to call it, that would represent MudHoney Designs.  

There are *rules* to the logo design, as I need to be able to do certain things with it.
  • It must be a simple and clean design on a transparent background (preferably a vector so I can resize it without pixelation).
  • It must be black and white.  You may make one with color as a sample, but it must be black and white.
  • It must be scalable (which is why it would be best if it's a vector).  I want to be able to make it large enough for a store sign, or small enough to stamp on my ads.
  • The top 5 finalists MUST be able to provide the PSD or AI file.  This will be sent to my email at the end of the contest.
Since you can't send a vector inworld, everyone who would like to participate can send a full perm .png or .tga file to me inworld of the finished graphic, or post it to the MudHoney Designs Flickr Pool at http://www.flickr.com/groups/mudhoneypool .  Any entries sent to me inworld must give me permission to post to the Flickr pool.  

I will be judging, along with input from a panel of other people, which design I will use.

Of course there's something in this for you too.  The top 5 entries will each receive a 500L gift certificate to MudHoney Designs.  Second place will receive a 5000L gift card.  And the person who comes up with the winning entry, will be given a 10,000L gift certificate to MudHoney, and will be publicly chastised... er...announced.  I'll also be throwing in a date with my hubby. (He says no happy endings.)

I'll also be planning an event to congratulate the winner and runner ups, held at Club Fusion!

The contest will be running from 5/10/09 until 6/10/09 to give plenty of time to come up with ideas.  You may send as many entries as you'd like.

Please send all entries to myself, Rayvn Hynes, or post directly to the store Flickr pool at http://www.flickr.com/groups/mudhoneypool .

I know there are many of you who are very talented, or know someone who is.  Even if this isn't necessarily the right contest for you but you know someone who would love it, feel free to pass on this message.  I also strongly encourage input for any designs posted in the Flickr pool!

Let the logo designing begin!

(Oh yeah, and I was kidding about the date with my hubby hehe :D)

-Ravyn Hynes

No comments: